This delicious raw pea, mint and spinach soup is nutrient dense and packed with flavour. Just defrost the peas in advance and whizz all the ingredients for a creamy, tasty soup. If you prefer not to go raw, it is equally delicious gently heated.
Peas are a great source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K. Spinach adds Vitamin A as well as being a great source of Vitamin K. While the added cashews increase the protein content making this perfect for a quick, tasty and nourishing lunch.
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup raw cashews (about 1 oz) or 1/4 avocado
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 12 oz frozen green peas (thawed)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- salt to taste
Blend the water, cashews or avocado, garlic, peas, spinach, lemon juice, and mint and blend at high speed until completely smooth.
Taste and add freshly ground black pepper, salt, and additional lemon juice.